Residency at the ‘Ģertrūdes ielas teātris’ theatre offers support to young contemporary performing arts professionals of Baltic (except Latvia) and Nordic countries in the field of theatre and dance.
The residency program is developed to encourage the creative process and allow young artists to undertake focused experimentation and research along with becoming acquainted with the Latvian performing arts scene. Residency offers an opportunity to work on artistic project development during the research phase for 4 weeks (20.07.–16.08.2020 and 24.08–20.09.2020). There will be selected in a total of two individual artists or artistic groups (max 4 participants).
The residency includes:
- Accommodation and per diem for the residency period.
- Reimbursement of travel expenses.
- Fee (1500 EUR, incl.taxes per artist/team).
- Working studios: big studio (150 sq.m.) with wooden floor and columns or small studio (75 sq.m) without columns with mixed floor. Both studios are bright, filled with daylight. A small studio is equipped with window blinders.
- Performing space: 11 m deep, 10.5 m wide and 6m high. Space has grey walls and a black wooden plank, uneven floor. Extra proscenium stage: 4.9 m long by 9.3 m wide and 4 m high. Proscenium opening: 6.2 m wide and 3.4 m high. Windows blinded, but possible to open for daylight.
- Theatre provides residents with the possibility to use professional sound, light, and video equipment according to their needs; black/white or grey/white Harlequine dance floor 9 x 10 m.
- Amenities: shower, WC available; access to office and kitchen facilities – wifi, coffee machine, tea kettle, fridge etc.
Fill out the application form HERE
Residency is supported financially by the Norden Nordic-Baltic Mobility Programme for Culture.