The first ever Tallinn Strings Festival will take place in June 2021!
The new cultural event will be opened with a concert on June 3rd by the internationally reputed Estonian musicians, violinist Anna-Liisa Bezrodny and pianist Maksim Štsura, will be followed by a diverse programme of excellent music written for stringed instruments. Renowned Estonian and Finnish musicians perform as soloists and in various ensembles, bringing to the audience widely acclaimed masterpieces as well as rarely performed pearls from early Baroque to contemporary music.
The concerts will take place June 3 – 17. The main concert venues are the Tallinn Philharmonic Society House of the Blackheads and Tallinn Episcopal Cathedral; String sounds will also reach Tallinn’s cultural centers and the charming Glehn Castle.
The artists & dates are:
- Anna-Liisa Bezrodny (violin) & Maksim Štšura (piano) in concert on June 3
- Jaan Ots (piano) & Jaani Helander (cello) in concert on June 6
- Meelis Orgse (baroque violin) in concert on June 10
- Anna-Liisa Eller (kannel) in concert on June 11
- Anna Katarina Tralla (violin), Uku Toots (violin), Aleksandra Maria Tralla (cello) & Maali Toots (cello) in concert on June 12
- Maria Goršenina (violin) & Kirill Ogorodnikov (guitar) in concert on June 13
- Silvia Ilves (cello) & Marcel Johannes Kits (cello) in concert on June 15
- Linda-Anette Verte (violin) & Liis Jürgens (harp) in concert on June 16
- Triinu Piirsalu (violin), Indrek Leivategija (cello) & Andres Kaljuste (viola) in concert on June 17
The Virtual Workshop
Apart from all these beautiful concerts, on June 10, don’t miss the opportunity to join in the very special virtual workshop on the Kato Havas New Approach to Violin Playing. The workshop will be given by Mrs. Caroline Duffner, a long-time student and assistant of Kato Havas.
Duffner is one of the few pedagogues in the world specializing in the Havas´s method. She has published articles about the approach in the magazine “The European String Teachers Association” and given masterclasses, workshops and lectures internationally. Caroline Duffner is the official representative of the KHANA (Kato Havas Association for the New Approach) in Austria.
Register HERE by June 9 for this very special event.